Saturday, September 22, 2012

- Fall Theme Care Package -



     Decided to have my 10 Month Old Niece help me with this one! I'm extremely bad at drawling...I can screw up stick people - no joke. So, the lovely design on the right "flap" is supposed to be a Fall Tree. I made the Fall colored leaves with her hand prints - definitely needs more leaves but she's only 10 Months, I'm surprised I got one hand print in every color!! So, you can obviously make a more full tree with an older child. But, thought this was a cute idea and had to share. I believe any little personal touch you can do to a Care Package, can make them that much sweeter.

     On the bottom flap I included two "Love Notes" explaining what "love" means to me (pretty much explains my loyalty and Faith in him). Also, sent him a flash drive with some music on it and attached it to the top flap - we mostly listened to Pandora so he has been requesting that I send him some music to listen too. Then I wrote him a note on the left flap that lists everything I miss about him. I also included some notes on the OUTside of the box.

     My Husband has requested that I stop sending him so much "junk" food, LOL. He's trying his best to watch what he eats and hitting the gym on the Ship - which is outrages because he's gorgeous and fit. He's also having to stand a crappy watch for the next few months, causing him to miss dinner and sometimes breakfast. So, I tried my best to fill this Care Package with more healthy but filling snacks. I'll list what I sent him compared to what I used to send him (in case you want to send more healthier items too) Care Package includes:

  • Single Serve - Orville Red N Bocker, Low Calorie and Low Fat Popcorn (instead of overloaded movie theater butter popcorn. I got some of this low calorie popcorn for myself too, honestly, delicious!)
  • Anna's Almond Cookies (delicious and of course better for you than Orieo's)
  • Single Serve - Kashi Cereal (instead of the yummy Cinnamon Toast Crunch)
  • Nature Valley Sweet and Salty bars (packed with protein vs. Quaker Chocolate Chip Granola Bars)
  • Single Serve - Emerald "Breakfast On The Go" Nut and Granola Mix with Yogurt Covered Raisins (instead of Cheez-It crackers)
  • 5 Hour Energy Shots (instead of sugary-heart-racing Monster's)
  • Now, you should never completely deprive yourself! So, I did included ONE container of Lay's Stax chips, ONE Kraft Easy Mac and ONE Chef Boyardee.
Things I included but are not scene in the picture:
  • Notes and Audio CD from Church
  • Book - Fathered by God written by John Eldredge
  • Two PSP Games
Hope you enjoyed this and possibly got your creative juices flowing! I'm working on two more Care Packages at the moment which I will post soon. Look out for, Halloween and Anniversary (ours is Oct. 28th) theme Care Packages.

Stay Strong. And thank you for the support, lovely feedback and encouraging emails <3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment