Friday, November 23, 2012

- Birthday Party in a Box -

{click image to view larger}
Complete with Mini Popup "Happy Birthday"  Banner, 3D Origami Star Messages in Balloons, and everything else you would expect at a Birthday party!

     My Husbands Birthday is on December 6th. He didn't want or even request anything special for his Birthday, so I had to make this care package more special than usual. I swear he does things like this to challenge me.... That's OK though, I was able to save some extra money and can now splurge on his Christmas care package! So, this care package is more decorative vs filled with goodies.

     Birthday's are a big thing for my Husband...its so odd. He could care less about doing something special for me fon Valentines Day, Christmas, and Anniversaries. But for my Birthday he goes aaallll out with surprises, dinners, gifts, party, etc. I usually try to return the favor on his Birthday. So, I wanted to TRY and provide him everything he would need for a Birthday Party of his own on the Ship. Obviously, I can't send him specific things overseas, so I came up with alternatives - they are listed in the parenthesis. Here is what I included in the care package: 

Almost everything was found at the 99cent store!!!

  • "Party Animal" Friends (Animal Crackers)
  • Decorations (Popup banner attached to the box flaps. So, when he opens the box, it displays and loose confetti in the box)
  • Balloons (Water balloons I blew up, wrote love notes on pieces of paper and fold them into 3D origami stars, and put them inside each balloon. He'll have to pop them to retrieve the notes)
  • Birthday Cake (Red-velvet cake baked in a Mason Jar complete with frosting and sprinkles, on the side)
  • Party Snacks (Chips, canned Frito bean dip, spicy corn nuts and a plastic cupcake container filled with Jelly Belly - jelly beans)
  • Celebration Drink (Mini bottle of Martinelli's)
  • Energy to party "all night long" (Can of Arizona Green Tea energy drink)
  • Pinata/Goody Bag (A "Lets Party" box filled with gum, candy and 5hr energy shots)
  • Gift (Birthday card and a photo key-chain of us for his work keys) 


     Hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday weekend, I'm still full from my Thanksgiving dinner! Christmas care package will be posted next week. Thanks again for the continued love and support!!! I'm blessed to say I have so many people looking out for me while my Husband is fulfilling his duty to our beautiful country <3


 

No comments:

Post a Comment